Recipes with white truffle: 6 ideas from appetizers to desserts!
Of all the truffles, the white truffle is certainly the rarest and most valuable and obviously the most expensive. The characteristic that makes truffles so desirable and precious is the fact that they cannot be cultivated: only truffle hunters can find them in the woods thanks to the help of their dogs. The most prized truffle of all is the white truffle, also called Alba truffle. It is light ochre in color, with a globular aspect and a very intense and penetrating perfume.
The recipes with white truffle are many, from the simplest to the most elaborate. Fortunately this truffle, when it is at the right level of ripeness, smells a lot, and has a very strong taste. A little of it will be enough to add flavor to your dishes.
When we think of truffles, we usually think of just a few delicious recipes. Fortunately, there are many varieties of foods that go perfectly with this underground mushroom.
Today we will propose 5 recipes with white truffle; 5 ways, more or less classic, to taste this delicacy.
1) Arancini with ricotta and white truffle
This can be served as an appetizer to whet the appetite and satisfy even the most demanding palates. Their preparation is very simple:
- Boil 300 g of rice, drain and season with 60 g of butter.
- Add 4-5 tablespoons of truffle oil.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Parmesan, black pepper and 2 egg yolks.
- Prepare the filling with 10 tablespoons of ricotta and 50 g of chopped White Truffle.
- Mix everything and leave to rest for 4-5 hours in the fridge.
- Stuff each arancino with 1 teaspoon of ricotta and truffle.
- Breaded the arancini in batter and breadcrumbs twice.
- Fry in seed oil at 160 degrees until they are golden brown.
Now all you have to do is drain them, dry them well and enjoy them!
2) Risotto with white truffle
The white truffle risotto is one of the most classic recipes you can make with this very fragrant but very expensive ingredient. To make the dish unforgettable, in fact, just a few grams of white truffle are enough, but the economic outlay remains high, especially this year when the quality of these hypogeal mushrooms is very high, but it was a low quantity that could be extracted.
White truffle risotto is one of the traditional recipes that best enhances the flavor and aroma of this fantastic ingredient.
- 320 g rice
- 40 g white truffle Then the quantity depends on the economic outlay it establishes
- 3 long onions
- 80 g salted butter
- 30 g salted butter to cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Grana Padano
- to taste unsalted meat broth
- salt to taste
- Brush the white truffle to remove any earthy residue.
- Prepare the bottom with the butter and sliced thin onions. Toast the rice for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a ladle of broth and start cooking.
- Continue cooking over low heat with additional liquid added.
- Season with salt and stir in the knob of butter kept aside.
- Complete with Grana Padano.
- Serve hot with plenty of white truffle slices.
3) White truffle potatoes
Have you ever thought about doing this pairing? We assure you that the flavors of potatoes and truffles will blend perfectly, just follow these few guidelines:
- For about 25 minutes to cook the potatoes in a pot with salted water.
- Allow them to drain and cool.
- Peel them and cut them into slices about half a centimeter thick.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a rather large pan, and add the potatoes, cooking them until they are golden brown.
- Once cooked, put them on a plate and garnish with thin sheets of fresh white truffle.
- Add salt, pepper, a handful of cheese and season with a few drops of lemon.